tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Apr 17 21:14:22 1995

Re: KLBC: About Klingon

Mon, 17 Apr 1995 ghItlh toDbaj:

> vay' qubqu' 'oH tlhIngan Hol'e'.

"The Klingon Language is a very rare something."
You could simply say:  qubqu' tlhIngan Hol.

> Holmey tu'lu' lu'oghta'bogh, 'ach novmeyvaD Holvam 'oghta' Holtej qeqta'.

Is this what you were try to say?  "There are invented languages but a
trained linguist has invented this language for aliens"
If so, there are at least five mistakes in this sentence.  (I don't have
time to list them all tonight)  If that's what you're trying to say, it
would be:
Holmey lu'oghlu'ta'bogh tu'lu' 'ach novpu'vaD Holvam 'oghta' Holtej po'.

> QIj tagh wanI'vam qatlh Qat SuvwI' Hol.

Yikes!  What a mess!  I can only speculate that you are trying to say:
"This phenomenon begins to explain why the Warrior's Language is popular"
If so, just say:  Qat SuvwI' Hol.  meq QIj wanI'vam.

> tlhIngan Hol 'oghta' Marc Okrand. mu' puS neH 'oghta'be', 'ach Hol naQ
> 'oghta'.

Ah, this is better.  Only one minor thing here, I would say {'oghbe'ta'}
instead of {'oghta'be'}.

> -- toDbaj

yoDtargh

Back to archive top level