tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Apr 17 23:27:15 1995

Re: lutHom

> TKD makes it sound as if only {-qu'} could be used for this,
> though on Conversational Klingon, in the number section, we
> have the example {wa'maH yIHmey lI'be'} for "ten useless
> tribbles". My conservative view on this is that it is okay to
> use {-qu'} and {-be'} and not okay to use anything else until
> Okrand says so, but Okrand could say so any day now.

You call that conservative?-)

I don't think the line in CK accomplishes anything. It's already
there in TKD - see {jubbe', motlhbe', lo'laHbe'}.

Either this means that

1) -be' can indeed anytime be used on adjectivally used verbs
2) lI'be' is "be useless", one of those exceptions to the rule.

 .:ghor:.

Back to archive top level