tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jun 28 23:11:25 1994

Re: To upload or not to upload

>Nick, I'm surprised at you.  You know enough of linguistics to know that it
>isn't the case that "rhyme is rhyme".  Sounds that are considered to be
>rhyming ino one language may not be in another (e.g. in English very often
>just an identical final vowel qualifies as a rhyme,

Not in my book it doesn't!  It drives me up the wall when you hear songs
with half-baked pseudo-rhymes of that kind.  People may willingly turn the
other way and let authors get away with such sloppiness, but they still
understand that they are weak rhymes.  I cite Tom Lehrer's "Folk Song Army".

		--Krankor

Back to archive top level