tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jun 28 07:18:43 1994

jIlIHegh

   -=> Quoting Klingon Language List to Jennifer James <=-
   -=> on Stardate 06-20-94  16:43 <=-

jatlhpu' ~mark:

 KLL> batlh juvan [...]
 KLL> chaq tlhIngan Hol DaghojchoH neH
 KLL> 'ach DaghItlhDI' qublaw' QaghlIj.

tlhIngan Hol vIghItlhmeH laHwij nIv law' tlhIngan Hol vIlaDmeH
laHwij nIv puS.  (At least I thought so until I tried to write that
sentence...)

 KLL> Excellent use of "-lI'".  You're in the process of choosing a name,
 KLL> but haven't quite completed it yet.  Lovely.

qatlho'qu'      ear<-grin->ear

I picked {valqir} because I wanted a tlhIngan Hol word that would be
close to "Valkyrie".  I couldn't find a translation for {qir} but
the translation of {val} didn't hurt... <g> Before making a final
decision, I wanted to check with tlhIngan Hol experts like you all,
to make sure it didn't translate into anything obscene, that it
followed tlhIngan Hol phonology rules, etc.

So, what do you all think of {valqir} as a name?

 KLL> Fine use of "-choH" and "neH".  Only one problem: in the last
 KLL> sentence, you should have had "'e'" before "vItIv".

Got it, thanks.  See my post to Holtej.

 KLL> Welcome on board.  You're off to an excellent start.  Sorry if this
 KLL> post is redundant, I'm a  little behind on my mail...

Thank you.  I'm likely to be chronically behind on my mail for a
while, but I'll do my best to keep up.

Qapla'
Jennifer James

... Internet: [email protected]