tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Jun 29 06:39:40 1994

jIlIHegh

>From: [email protected] (Jennifer James)
>Date: Tue, 28 Jun 94 14:36:00 -0640

>   -=> Quoting Klingon Language List to Jennifer James <=-
>   -=> on Stardate 06-20-94  16:43 <=-

>jatlhpu' ~mark:

> KLL> batlh juvan [...]
> KLL> chaq tlhIngan Hol DaghojchoH neH
> KLL> 'ach DaghItlhDI' qublaw' QaghlIj.

>tlhIngan Hol vIghItlhmeH laHwij nIv law' tlhIngan Hol vIlaDmeH
>laHwij nIv puS.  (At least I thought so until I tried to write that
>sentence...)

Hey, see, there's a cleaner way to do they law'/puS business with clauses
(tho here too I'd use "-DI'" and not "-meH", but I'm less certain).

Huj ghu'vetlh.  Hol chu' wIghojDI', pIj mayaj 'e' wInIDDI', ngeD Qu', 'ej
maghItlhDI' 'ej majatlhDI', Qatlh Qu'.

>I picked {valqir} because I wanted a tlhIngan Hol word that would be
>close to "Valkyrie".  I couldn't find a translation for {qir} but
>the translation of {val} didn't hurt... <g> Before making a final
>decision, I wanted to check with tlhIngan Hol experts like you all,
>to make sure it didn't translate into anything obscene, that it
>followed tlhIngan Hol phonology rules, etc.

>So, what do you all think of {valqir} as a name?

Hey, works for me.  I never really bothered much with it... I suppose I did
pick "Seqram" once (for marq S spelled backwards)... but I never pushed it
enough.  "valqIr" sounds as good as anything else.  Not dissimilar from
valQIS, come to think of it.

>Qapla'
>Jennifer James

~mark