tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Jun 09 18:12:59 1994

Satlho'

tuQaHpu'mo' Hoch Satlho'. Doch law' Daj vighojta'.
Klingon is still quite difficult for me, so I'll use English for a
while:
It seems to me Klingon is really a quite restrictive language, mainly
because many language constructions I'm used to are missing: No
infinitive, no sentence as subject, only short subordinate clauses
(because the longer ones are almost impossible to figure out), and not
too many known words. But the really fascinating thing is that, just
because Klingon started out as so small a language, you can develop it
into a full language yourselves. You are developing language
constructions, developing actually a "Klingon way af thinking',
polysemes and all the stuff that was missing.

I'll mention all this  in the Klingon language course I'm taking at
Koblenz University, (I'll have to talk about Klingon semantics the
week after next).

DaH vay' pIm vijatlh vineH: nuqvaD "taH" lo'lu'? loQ muQaHbe'bogh "be
at a negative angle" jatlh TKD. 'Hamlet'vaD "taH" lo'pu' Nick
Nicholas: "taH pagh taHbe'" jatlh. 'a qatlh DuH?

	Katrin

Back to archive top level