tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Jun 06 11:28:02 1994

Summer Events

Thank you to those of you who have responded so quickly, and so
enthusiastically, to the idea of a small gathering here in Philadelphia.

I've already begun calling around, and here's what seems to be shaping up:

I'm assuming a four day/four night event.  Folks arrive sometime on Monday
afternoon/evening and we begin with a welcoming dinner and put faces to the
names we've come to know over the net.  Then we meet, talk, recreate, maybe
even do some touristy stuff if you want, on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday.
 Thursday night is the last night, and on Friday morning you all head off for
home.

I've spent part of the day calling hotels, trying to throw together a decent
rate (and with such little lead time it's been a bit tricky).  Tentatively,
and I stress that word again, here's the best deal:

$60/night, for single occupancy
$65/night, for double occupancy
both include a "continental" breakfast at no extra charge.
The hotel has an outdoor swimming pool, cabana bar, and a volleyball court.
If we book four or five rooms, they'll throw in a small conference room for
free.

As such things go, this is a pretty good deal, particularly on such short
notice.  All in all, hotel accomodations should run you considerably less
than airfare to Boise would have been for most of you.  If you double up with
a roommate, and you manage to car-pool, the price drops even more.

So, let me hear from you!

And, if you're sure you're going to attend, let me know the following things:

1) whether you want a single or double occupancy room (and if the latter, do
you have a roomie in mind, or want to be assigned one)?

2) your preferred soft beverage (e.g., Pepsi, Diet Coke, Yoo-hoo), and list
an alternative or two.

3) what you really like to have on your pizza (e.g., anchovies, mushrooms,
italian sausage)

4) what you can't stand (for either philosophical or moral grounds) on your
pizza.

If we can pull this off, it will be my very great pleasure to spring for a
pizza party for the lot of you.  And if I can get my hands on some hersey's
syrup and gummi worms, we'll have qagh.

Lawrence

:: Dr Lawrence M Schoen, Director   ::
:: The Klingon Language Institute   ::