tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Jun 05 11:27:23 1994

Summer Events

Well, I just got off the phone with David Barron.  The topic of our
conversation was of course the planned Klingon Seminar for Idaho.  Despite
the general concensus that the seminar was a real good idea, the number of
people able to actually scrape together the monies necessary to attend was
minimal.  Very minimal.

The greatest difficulty of course seemed to be the expense of actually
getting to Boise, Idaho.  The cost of airfare is more than a bit prohibitive,
and while some of you considered driving, the amount of time such a road trip
would take was also more than a little foreboding.

But, we want to see the event occur.  The best part of last summer's camp was
the coming together of members of the KLI.  The language really came alive,
and David's vision of creating an intensive week of speaking Klingon is just
what we need.

So, here's the idea for you to consider, and consider it fast:

Come to Philadelphia.  While it's not in the middle of the country, it is a
reasonable day's car trip for many of you.  Come to Philadelphia, we'll stay
in a local hotel, you can double up for cheaper room rates.  We'll recite
Shakespeare in the hotel pool, and play poker (in Klingon of course) in the
evenings.  Come to Philadelphia, and I'll take you on an exciting tour of the
tiny room in my apartment where the KLI exists, and we can visit the even
more exciting post office where all your mail to me goes.  But of course,
most of all, we can meet, face to face, we can use this language that
occupies us so.  We can have our conference, small, intimate, comfortable,
and very productive.

I'd like to do this.  It's a lot of work suddenly dumped in my lap, but I
think it's important.  If you can do this, if you want to do this, then write
to me now.  I need to know how many are coming, yesterday!  Tentatively,
let's assume we're still talking about the five days from Monday, July 11th
through Friday July 15th.  But let me stress the word TENTATIVE.  Let me here
from you.  Thank you.

Lawrence

:: Dr Lawrence M Schoen, Director   ::
:: The Klingon Language Institute   ::