tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Aug 19 07:16:09 2015

Re: [Tlhingan-hol] Klingon Word of the Day: Dan

Steven Boozer ([email protected])

> Klingon Word of the Day for Wednesday, August 19, 2015
>
> Klingon word: Dan
> Part of speech: verb
> Definition: occupy (military term)

AFAIK never used in a sentence.

TREK TRIVIA:

  "We are stranded in the middle of a Klingon occupation army." (Kirk on Organia, TOS "Errand of Mercy")

  "I have seen what the Klingons do to planets like yours. They are organized into vast slave labor camps. No freedoms whatsoever. Your goods will be confiscated. Hostages taken and killed, your leaders confined. You'd be far better off on a penal planet. Infinitely better off." (Kirk, "Errand of Mercy")

  "You'll find there are many rules and regulations. They will be posted. Violation of the smallest of them will be punished by death. [...] From this day on, no public assemblages of more than three people. All publications to be cleared through this office. Neighborhood controls will be established, hostages selected. A somewhat lengthy list of crimes against the state." (Kor, TOS "Errand of Mercy")

  "He is a Vulcanian merchant, mainly concerned with how he will carry on business under our occupation." (Klingon guard)
  "He will find that business has taken a turn for the worse." (Kor, TOS "Errand of Mercy")

  "You are an enemy alien. You will be under our scrutiny at all times." (Kor, TOS "Errand of Mercy")

  "We Klingons have a reputation for ruthlessness. You will find that it is deserved. Should one Klingon soldier be killed, a thousand Organians will die. I will have order." (Kor, TOS "Errand of Mercy")

  "What is always done with spies and saboteurs. He will be killed, after he has had first-hand experience of our mind scanner." (Kor, TOS "Errand of Mercy")

Klingon Special Occupation Order No. 4 requires that 200 local hostages be killed every two hours until a spy/saboteur is given up. (TOS "Errand of Mercy")

SEE ALSO:
Dab 		occupy/reside at (v)
HeD 		retreat, withdraw (v)

--