tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Sep 07 08:03:09 2013

Re: [Tlhingan-hol] Story - Out of order installments

On 9/7/2013 9:17 AM, Felix Malmenbeck wrote:
I don't want a napkin that Okrand nods at to be thought of as
carefully considered grammar.

I would agree with this. However, my own thinking is that this is
currently the closest thing we have to canon, and will therefore rely on
it until it's been contradicted.

We've done just fine for decades without relying on offhand remarks.

TKD does not support saying it that way.

How so?

TKD translates {Qoch} as "disagree," not as "disagree with." Some verbs have since been redefined to include the English preposition (e.g., {qIm}), and it's quite possible that {Qoch} will be one of these, but we mustn't be hasty in drawing that conclusion based on a passing, otherwise undocumented, comment.

"Be careful" is the lesson to be learned here.

--
SuStel
http://www.trimboli.name/