tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Sep 07 08:48:24 2013

Re: [Tlhingan-hol] Story - Out of order installments

Felix Malmenbeck ([email protected])

> We've done just fine for decades without relying on offhand remarks.

While I haven't been here for decades, I don't believe canon has ever been quite so binary as "This is good; this is not." People have pointed out flaws in canonical sources, half-considered movie quotes, tip-toed through EuroTalk and paq'batlh...
So much of what we do here is pure guesswork; I figure a hastily approved sentence is still better than nothing.

> TKD translates {Qoch} as "disagree," not as "disagree with."

I'm normally suspicious of glossaries, but either way I think that's actually an argument for using a sentence as an object (though it does sort of suggest that the subjects agree on what to disagree with).