tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Nov 11 09:55:27 2013

Re: [Tlhingan-hol] "sew until next time..."

Steven Boozer ([email protected])

DloraH:
> Somebody I know said they came across some "Klingon" on a blog about
> sewing.  I'm guessing the English is a common phrase on the blog for a
> signature; a play on the English words "so" and "sew".
>
>   rut until poH veb...
>   Sew until next time...
>
> Yes, they left "until" untranslated.  We don't have "until" in the
> dictionary.
> I was thinking [qaSpa' poH veb] for the until part.
> On a positive note, they did know to put veb after poH.

FWIW we do have one example of Okrand translating English "until" in Monopoly:

  chaw'vam yIpol 'ej SIbI'Ha' yIlo' pagh 'oH yImech
  This card may be kept until needed or traded. (MKE)

We're not clear what {SIbI'Ha'} (lit. "un-immediately") means:  "until?", "after a delay?", "eventually?", etc.

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons