tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Nov 11 09:32:33 2013
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
[Tlhingan-hol] "sew until next time..."
- From: "Seruq" <email@example.com>
- Subject: [Tlhingan-hol] "sew until next time..."
- Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2013 11:32:42 -0600
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=bellsouth.net; s=s1024; t=1384191139; bh=qcUCzZ0A1mOlaBGmSEUo+/3u2c9XYF30YzsE/XeEVEk=; h=X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:X-YMail-OSG:X-Yahoo-SMTP:X-Rocket-Received:From:To:Subject:Date:Message-ID:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding:X-Mailer:X-MIMEOLE:Thread-Index; b=VIgk3xuU14o2th9LlE62iWGQjkw2eAKZAYu1IQYN5syeMtTpNcBzALnaiCURSLa5U0UYVw7X+WsQHIjiZnLnuR/8X/yXBbTrezAAQO2L38RfkROQQFcmwggjUKAk3RNEQ5oTAClOv1gMGzZQI2oIzaQ5qM2OODDkQUtgMQujTNg=
- List-archive: <http://mail.kli.org/pipermail/tlhingan-hol/>
- List-id: <tlhingan-hol.kli.org>
- List-subscribe: <http://mail.kli.org/mailman/listinfo/tlhingan-hol>, <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=subscribe>
- Thread-index: Ac7fBAbJ9xTBfk+sS7Ks83iDkmVlfw==
Somebody I know said they came across some "Klingon" on a blog about sewing. I'm guessing the
English is a common phrase on the blog for a signature; a play on the English words "so" and "sew".
rut until poH veb...
Sew until next time...
Yes, they left "until" untranslated. We don't have "until" in the dictionary.
I was thinking [qaSpa' poH veb] for the until part.
On a positive note, they did know to put veb after poH.
The only sew I found was:
"If you did say tlhIm mutlh ("he/she assembled a carpet"), that would
mean there were pieces of fabric (or squares of carpet?) that got put
together (sewn together?) to make a carpet or rug."
from Jan 2012.
I thought we had a thread on this topic (ha ha made a pun), but I couldn't find it.
Somebody that sews don't nessecarily limit themselves to tlhIm mutlh, or Sut mutlh, etc.
Tlhingan-hol mailing list