tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue May 28 08:49:12 2013

Re: [Tlhingan-hol] 'contamination' and <-Ha'choHmoH>

Robyn Stewart ([email protected]) [KLI Member] [Hol po'wI']

On 2013-05-28, at 8:31, Ruben Molina <[email protected]> wrote:

> On Tue, May 28, 2013 at 9:10 AM, Robyn Stewart <[email protected]> wrote:
>> "In order to control the contamination of the river" is so English. What does it mean?
>>
>> bIQtIq wISay'Ha'choHbe'meH = in order for us to not contaminate the river (river currently clean)
>
> "In order to *avoid* the contamination of the river". There is no
> contamination that needs to be contolled in this case.
>
>> bIQtIq wISay'Ha'be'choHmeH = in order for us change to not contaminating the river (implied that we're doing do now)
>
> This is what I was looking for. Thnaks.
>
>> bIQtIq wISay'Ha'chu'taHmeH = in order that our contamination process proceed well (we're contaminating it on purpose, for some reason).

Ack my error:
wISay'Ha'moHchu'taHmeH

> Not really a case but it works as a pattern for:
>
> bIQtIq wISay'chu'taHmeH = in order that our decontamination process
> proceed well (we're decontaminating it on purpose, for some reason).

bIQtIq wISay'moHchu'taHmeH

*I* missed the -moH. It was  a test. No it was me. I often do when there's a -meH. I think it and don't type it and don't proofread. Don't be like me.

>> There are phrasings like bIQtIq wISay'Ha'moH 'e' wISeHmeH that could be used but I don't think that's what you're doing.

> Again, works as a pattern for:
> bIQtIq wISay'Ha'moH 'e' wImevmeH

Why say that when you can say bIQtIq wISay'Ha'be'choHmoHmeH?

>> Is there anything in your intended meaning not covered by: bIQtIq wISay'Ha'be'choHmeH qachvaD bIQ watlhmoHmeH pat wIjom.
>
> No, everything is covered.

Except that I've missed -moH all the way through that post. DaH HIHoH.