tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu May 23 02:01:06 2013

Re: [Tlhingan-hol] "Star Trek Into Darkness (OST) 06 -" spoiler

De'vID ([email protected])

On Thu, May 23, 2013 at 9:03 AM, Tim Stoffel <[email protected]> wrote:
> It is fairly normal practice for choirs in films to sing 'nonsense
> syllables' that sound like the language in question. They did this in
> 'Avatar' and many people spent a long time trying to decipher the
> phrases until we found out from the producer they they were nonsense
> syllables. So, if they are using real Klingon words here, that would
> indeed be unusual. I will definitely listen for this when I see the film
> again this coming weekend.

So Michael Giacchino has apparently given a number of interviews in
which he's claimed that it's real Klingon.

http://www.wqxr.org/#!/programs/movies/2013/may/04/
32:00 - The commentary on the Kronos Wartet track starts here.