tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed May 22 00:50:03 2013

Re: [Tlhingan-hol] "Star Trek Into Darkness (OST) 06 -" spoiler

De'vID ([email protected])

Quvar:
>> This sounds to me like a generated soundfile, which must "sound" like
>> klingon, but without any meaning. This is done quite often in TV-music, for
>> instance a chorus sounding like latin, but with no meaning.
>>
>> What I can hear in this klingon track ist something like
>> *De' vItamSIy pu'... De' vItamHa' tIpu'*

I saw an interview with Michael Giacchino. The chorus is indeed
supposed to be repeating two or three allegedly real Klingon phrases.
He described them as "Klingon insults". I believe the last one is {HoS
lI' Dalo'Ha'chu'} (very badly pronounced), but I couldn't catch the
other(s).

--
De'vID