tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon May 20 23:21:14 2013

Re: [Tlhingan-hol] Bing Translator URL

De'vID ([email protected])

On Sat, May 18, 2013 at 7:04 PM, Christopher Kidder-Mostrom
<[email protected]> wrote:
> I have to endorse the "Capitalization helps actors" approach, given that I
> work with many actors every year that have to use teleprompters in Klingon.

Interesting. Since Marc Okrand's day job is captioning, I'd have to
assume that he had a very good reason to have chosen the particular
orthography that he did.

Do capital letters really stand out on teleprompters? On many display
devices, because of the font, lower case L and capital i are not easy
to distinguish. Also, on closed captioning systems, at least when I
turn them on when I watch TV, they often use all upper case.

--
De'vID