tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Jun 10 06:15:06 2013

Re: [Tlhingan-hol] Klingon Word of the Day: 'I'SeghIm

Steven Boozer ([email protected])

> Klingon Word of the Day for Sunday, June 09, 2013
>
> Klingon word: 'I'SeghIm
> Part of speech: noun
> Definition: curmudgeon
> Source: email to Lieven, 27 march 2012[]

Here's the relevant bit of that email:

  As for your specific questions... I can give only a
  partial answer right now. Maltz has been kind of a
  curmudgeon lately. (Do you know that English word?
  The closest Klingon equivalent  is {'I'SeghIm}.) ...
  When I next find him in a talkative mood, I'll try
  to figure out what he was referring to.

That's got to be a pun, though I can't see it.

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons