tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Jan 31 02:59:51 2013

[Tlhingan-hol] Soul Sister

Michael Roney, Jr. PKT ([email protected])

A friend of mine asked me to translate "soul sister" for her.
She's hoping to use the translation as her Klingon name.

I found two basic definitions on-line; she's aiming for the second one.
1) a black female, especially a fellow black female.
2) a woman whose thoughts, feelings, and attitudes closely match those
of another; a kindred spirit.

The phrase "kindred spirit" makes me think of Anne with an 'e'.
I would describe the relationship between Anne and Diana with {chaj}.

However, "A male Klingon would address a female Klingon as chaj only
to offend her."

Does this insult go away if it's her name?

~naHQun

--
~Michael Roney, Jr.
Professional Klingon Translator