tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Jan 31 03:25:01 2013

Re: [Tlhingan-hol] Soul Sister

Felix Malmenbeck ([email protected])

I think the insult may be dampened if it's a name (consider Qugh, for example), but I'm not sure.
One might also wonder if using such a name would be a good example of showing «butlh»?

jupna' would cover "soul sister", I think, but is perhaps a bit too generic.

If one wishes to consider transferring it into the Klingon warrior culture, one might perhaps consider something like «vIq'e'nal» (vIq 'e'nal = "combat in-law" (so, maybe "married by battle", sort of)), or «be'yoD» (I wonder what would happen if you got her and be''etlh in the same room?).

Going for something even more obscure: The klingonaase Lara'atan means "Defender of brothers". Perhaps one could change it to make it "Defender of sisters, and then make a tlhIngan Hol approximation of that (names, after all, often come from other languages than one's own).

Sincerely,
Bear Godgift Happy Orestream

P.S. Inspired by tlhIngan Hol, I've taken to referring to my fellow coffee-drinkers as my "soul cousins".