tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Nov 15 05:02:53 2011

Re: [Tlhingan-hol] learnings from Saarbrücken qepHom'a'

Lieven Litaer ([email protected]) [KLI Member] [Hol ghojwI']

ja' De'vID:
<Soj> refers not just to food, but anything consumed for sustenance
(i.e., "food" in a more general sense than "solid food")

Talking about food, no new word, but an interesting explanation:

I asked if there were a word for "satisfied", "I'm full", i.e. you had eaten enough.

MO said no, but accepted {ghungHa'} for "not hungry any more". You cannot use it though to say that you are not hungry, that should be {ghungbe'} "not hungry". But if you are hungry first, then you eat enough, then you can say {DaH jIghungHa'} "Now I am un-hungry." (="not hungry any more")

It also works with {'oj} the same way.

Lieven.