tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Feb 04 11:56:48 2011

Re: tato'eba' yImuv 'ej mu'tlheghmey tImugh!

lojmIt tI'wI' nuv ([email protected])

Perhaps, since the choice of sentence to translate is arbitrary, on such a site, we could easily decide that a sentence containing a place name that doesn't exist for the fictional race that the language is written for might not be an appropriate sentence to translate at all. As ghunchu'wI' has recently proven, there are many things you CAN say in Klingon that don't require this kind of transliteration. Why not translate THAT kind of stuff instead of gravitating toward using words that don't exist in the Klingon vocabulary?

Remember that when we say {tlhIngan Hol}, it doesn't mean "The Klingon Language". It means "A Klingon's Language". A Klingon would not be talking about China. If you are translating things a Klingon would not say, you aren't really translating into tlhIngan Hol.

pItlh.
lojmIt tI'wI' nuv

Back to archive top level