tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Aug 18 13:22:49 2011

KLI web site

ghunchu'wI' 'utlh ([email protected])

On Thu, Aug 18, 2011 at 3:21 PM, Robyn Stewart <[email protected]> wrote:
> ...ghunchu'wI' is
> working quite hard at wresting the KLI website out of Seqram's
> distracted control...

Wresting implies conflict and a clash, if not of weapons, at least of wills.
The goal is not really to relieve him of duty. It's more to provide him
relief from the chore. He's willing to do the job, and he is most certainly
able, but like the site itself he has extended bouts of unresponsiveness.
Priorities matter, and I believe by taking over responsibility for the web
site pagh and I can more fully (and more consistently) satisfy the KLI's
priorities.

Additionally, www.kli.org is getting a little long in the tooth. It was
a great example of web design fifteen years ago, but its look is dated and
its content is stressing the original navigational plan. With increasing
attention being paid to the Klingon language lately, it's time to pull the
site into the 21st Century (23rd Century is still slightly beyond our
reach). Tools have evolved, minimum bandwidth is no longer an overriding
goal, and powerful services previously unavailable are now commonplace.
Expect great things, and your expectations can help inspire the site to meet
them.

-- ghunchu'wI'

Back to archive top level