tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Sep 01 12:08:14 2010

A little bit of new canon from Maltz

qurgh lungqIj ([email protected])

At the qep'a' this year I asked Marc to ask Maltz for a few
translations for the Klingon Christmas Carol play.

This morning he sent me a message, and while there aren't any new
words per se, I thought I'd share it with the group.

-----------------------------------
Here's what Maltz has come up with. He offers you choices!

The "The Final Reflection," he suggests tonSaw' Qav "final fighting
technique," since "reflection" is a maneuver in a game (is Maltz right
about that?). But if "reflection," as in "image in a mirror" is
needed, he offered neSlo' tonSaw' Qav.

For "apathy" and "corruption," since they're animals pulled out of a
pocket, he went with:

"apathy" (or "apathy creature") - SaHHa'wI' "one who is not concerned"
or pIlHa'wI' "unmotivated one"

"corruption" (or "corruption creature") - quvHa'wI' "dishonored one"

If it works better to to have concepts rather than beings/animals for
these words, he offered:

"apathy" SaHHa'ghach ("disinterest")
"corruption" quvHa'ghach ("dishonor")

We went with neSlo' tonSaw' Qav for the title of the book, since
"reflection", in this case, refers to version of klinzha that is
played with a mirror.

qurgh

Back to archive top level