tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Mar 18 11:35:39 2010

Re: A phrase for the love of Klingons!

qurgh lungqIj ([email protected])

On Thu, Mar 18, 2010 at 2:09 PM, Christopher Kidder
<[email protected]>wrote:
> So... I'm trying for a phrase that means: "I fell in love with a Klingon,
> not a Ferengi!"
> Here's what I've come up with so far:
> <banwI' vIwIvta'DI' tlhIngan vIpIHpu'.  verengan vIpIHbe'pu'.>
>
> If I got that right, then it ought to say, "When I chose my lover (loved
> one), I expected a Klingon.  I did not expect a Ferengi!"
>
> Thoughts?

Looks good to me, besides the missing g in bangwI'. :D

You could also say:

tlhIngan ghaH bangwI''e', verengan ghaHbe'!
My beloved is a Klingon, not a Ferengi.

Are you saying the phrase to your lover or someone else (who called your
lover a Ferengi)?

qurgh

Back to archive top level