tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Jul 28 12:37:48 2010

RE: 'u': the first authentic Klingon opera on earth

Felix Malmenbeck ([email protected])

Joris Favie:
> Here is the response of the director with regards to the location of Qo'noS:
> http://www.u-theopera.org/official-position-qonos
> Joris Favie (on behalf of the 'u' team)

Thank you for this response, Joris.  You'll probably have to expect to defend the choice in the future, though, as it is rather an odd choice for several reasons:

* The Arcturus system is far closer to Earth than most expect Qo'noS to be.
* Most believe Qo'noS - along with most of the Klingon Empire - to be in the Beta Quadrant, whereas Arcturus is in the Alpha Quadrant (it has a longitude of about 15° in the galactic coordinate system; everything in the Beta Quadrant has a longitude ranging from 180° to 360° by the most common definition of the Quadrants).
* This system inhabited by the Arcturians (and Arcturus IV is apparently a member of the Federation):  http://memory-alpha.org/wiki/Arcturian

It's certainly not the worst of crimes, and the video is still great, but you'll have to be prepared, as all Trekkies are compelled by law to nitpick about such things ;)

naHQun:
> 846? I thought we were in 636. Huh.
> (I'm willing to be wrong on this point)

Year 636 is what you get when you take 2373 as Year 999 and assume that a Klingon year is the same length as a Terran one.
(2373-2010)/(999-846)≈2,37, so the Klingon year would appear to be about 2,37 times as long as a Terran year.

Back to archive top level