tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jan 12 13:33:30 2010

RE: Hypothetical (reconstructed) vocabulary?

Steven Boozer ([email protected])

Voragh:

Michael Everson:
>>> Not that I am in a position to propose anything, but I've always
>>> though that "lIl" would be an excellent word for "difficult to
>>> discern; illegible".

Voragh:
>> majha'!  vIparha'qu'!!

Michael Everson:
>I'm afraid I can't parse this. What do you mean by "ha'"?
>  Good ha'! I dislike it a lot ha'!
>I thought it might be -Ha' 'undo', thus:
>  Ungood! I undislike it a lot!
>But that doesn't make sense to me.

Ack!  Never post to this list without proof-reading - especially if you're late for a meeting!

This should of course be:  {majQa'! vIparHa'qu'!!} ("Well done! I like it a lot!!")