tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Sep 30 13:00:14 2009

na'ran rur [Re: Klingon WOTD: na' (verb)]

qe'San \(Jon Brown\) ([email protected]) [KLI Member]

I suspect there is no further canon on the use of  {na'ran rur} but is there
anything indicative of how to use it.

How could I say or get close to saying, "Terrans enjoy eating sweet food".

na'ran rurbogh Soj  -  food that resembles na'ran
Soj luSop tera'gnan  -  Terran's eat food
lutIv  -  They enjoy it

na'ran rurbogh Soj luSop tera'gnan lutIv  - Terrans enjoy eating food which
resembles na'ran..

However that makes me think that it's the food that resembles naran rather
than the flavour.  So rather than "food resmbles na'ran" would it be better
to have taste in there somewhere:  "Terran's enjoy eating food whose taste
resembles na'ran"  but that uses taste as a noun which I don't believe
exists... so I'm lost there..

Any ideas canon or otherwise?

qe'San