tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Sep 14 08:04:59 2009

Re: nom*i*nal*ize 2. to convert (an underlying clause) into a noun phrase

Krenath ([email protected])

I am not a linguist but I would assume that you do not add -ghach to
bItlhutlh but rather to tlhutlh by itself. Once tlhutlh has been
converted to a noun one cannot add verb affixes to it anymore.

tlhutlhghach would be 'drinking' as in 'the act of drinking something'
but bItlhutlhghach would not be 'that act of you drinking something'

tlhutlhghachlIj would much more likely be 'your drinking'.

Back to archive top level