tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Oct 05 10:48:31 2009

Re: The meaning of -moH

David Trimboli wrote:
> We have one sentence, {ghaHvaD quHDaj qawmoH}, which supports either
> argument (my god, I never thought I'd be pleased with that sentence). If
> there is a canonical sentence of the form {puq ghojmoH yaS} my
> hypothesis would be in doubt. Is there one?

I found one, but it's completely ambiguous. The end of Power Klingon has
{batlh qaghojmoH}. Unfortunately, this could be either {batlh SoHvaD
vIghojmoH} or {batlh SoH qaghojmoH} by the prefix trick (or even {SoHvaD
batlh vIghojmoH} "I teach you honor," though we know that's not what was
intended).

(Conversational Klingon also has {batlh qaghojmoHpu'}, which doesn't
change anything.)

--
SuStel
tlhIngan Hol MUSH