tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Nov 26 10:44:31 2009

Re: The topic marker -'e'

Christopher Doty ([email protected])

On Thu, Nov 26, 2009 at 05:38, David Trimboli <[email protected]> wrote:
> Indeed, I don't agree that {-vaD} is an indirect object marker. When
> there is an indirect object, it's probably got {-vaD} on it, but that's
> not the same as saying everything with {-vaD} is an indirect object.
> Klingon reserves no special inflection or position for indirect objects;
> they are just a consequence of other features of the sentence.

If this is true (which I think it is), then -vaD gets used for
anything where an action or object is directed toward something, and
is thus logically used for indirect objects, but this doesn't limit
how it is used...  For example:

tlhIHvaD tIrqi' jaj Quch!!

Back to archive top level