tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Nov 26 07:14:11 2009

RE: Question about Klingon books (e.g., Gilgamesh et al.)

Agnieszka Solska ([email protected]) [KLI Member] [Hol po'wI']

Christopher Doty:

>Can we see some canon with -lu'?
>I'd guess that you can't actually get it on <bIr>,
>as all of the examples in TKD that I can find are
>transitive verbs.

Some canon examples of {-lu'} used on intransitive verbs:

quSDaq ba'lu''a'?
Is this seat taken?
TKD, p. 171

Suvlu'taHvIS yapbe' HoS neH.
Brute strength is not the most important asset in a fight.
TKW, p. 21

pujwI' HIvlu'chugh *quvbe'lu'*.
There is no honor in attacking the weak.
TKW, p. 24

batlhHa' vanglu'taHvIS quv chavbe'lu'.
One does not achieve honor while acting dishonorably.
TKW, p. 55

Heghlu'meH QaQ jajvam.
It is a good day to die.
TKW, p. 69

Heghlu'DI' mobbe'lu'chugh QaQqu' Hegh wanI'.
Death is an experience best shared.
TKW, p. 73

yInlu'taH 'e' bajnISlu'.
Survival must be earned.
TKW, p. 125

batlh Heghlu'chugh noDnISbe' vay'.
An honorable death requires no vengeance.
TKW, p. 129

batlh Heghlu'chugh noDnISbe' vay'
An honorable death requires no vengeance.
TKW, p. 129

'oy'be'lu'chugh Qapbe'lu'.
No pain, no gain.
TKW, p. 175

'ISqu'

Windows Live Hotmail: Your friends can get your Facebook updates, right from Hotmail®.
http://www.microsoft.com/middleeast/windows/windowslive/see-it-in-action/social-network-basics.aspx?ocid=PID23461::T:WLMTAGL:ON:WL:en-xm:SI_SB_4:092009

Back to archive top level