tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Nov 25 17:37:27 2009

RE: The topic marker -'e'

Seruq ([email protected])

> yIHvaD may' 'oH may' quvHa''e'

I haven't been watching too closely to this thread, just catching the general discussion.  So,
without being influenced by any side of this discussion I thought I would throw in what this average
speaker reads in this.

Because of the -vaD, yIHvaD must be in what some would call the header; and the sentence itself
states that a/the dishonorable battle is a/the battle.
"To benefit the tribbles, the dishonorable battle is a battle."
"For the benefit of the tribbles, the dishonorable battle is a battle."

DloraH

Back to archive top level