tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Nov 12 10:18:11 2009

Re: Yet another newbie!

kff ([email protected])

Ahh, that last post put me straight, after some staring at the nuon-suffix
-mo'. I knew of the addendum; I even look there from time to time. Not
carefully enough, though. So:

{tulughta'Hmo' Satlho'}

    /buSwI'

PS. Got my {Hamlet} today!

> Terrence Donnelly wrote:
>> --- On Thu, 11/12/09, [email protected] <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>>> {jIHvaD De' Danobta' 'e'vaD qatlho'}
>>>
>>> Ok, I think this is wrong, but I can't figure out how to say
>>> 'because'. It's not really 'in order to', so I can't use '-meH', I
>>> think. Tricky.
>>
>> The suffix {-mo'} is what you want. This would eliminate the need for
>> {'e'}, which AFAIK never takes any suffixes, anyway. So,
>>
>> {jIHvaD De' Danobmo' qatlho'}
>
> I think kff may not be aware that THE KLINGON DICTIONARY has an
> addendum, and this is where {-mo'} is introduced as a verb suffix.
>
> --
> SuStel
> tlhIngan Hol MUSH
> http://trimboli.name/mush