tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed May 27 14:42:18 2009

Re: "She Grows (Medicinal) Herbs"

ghunchu'wI' ([email protected])

On May 27, 2009, at 2:49 PM, Steven Boozer wrote:

>>  vutmeH tI wIj - (She) farms (vegetation for cooking) herbs (spices?)
>
> I like this one for "spices".

jIQoch.  I see no hint that "vegetation for cooking" means something
added to improve the taste of food.  It could just as easily refer to
a wrapper, either edible (like grape leaves) or not (e.g. corn
husks), and the first thing that comes to my mind is actually fuel
for heating.  If you want to talk about spices, I think {tlhorgh} is
a much better word to employ than is {vut}.

-- ghunchu'wI'

Back to archive top level