tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed May 27 11:25:22 2009
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
RE: "She Grows (Medicinal) Herbs"
Fiat Knox (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- From: Fiat Knox <email@example.com>
- Subject: RE: "She Grows (Medicinal) Herbs"
- Date: Wed, 27 May 2009 18:23:25 +0000 (GMT)
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoo.co.uk; s=s1024; t=1243448605; bh=VuSo+6VwL2VThinqGIQ6YR22zDg9LqF2TtIcMqy0ADg=; h=Message-ID:X-YMail-OSG:Received:X-Mailer:Date:From:Subject:To:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=u0VI/uCJ/YXx6m/MibvoETgY+evzpcnm+Ekprc52oXuBagOfMjknF6Ulq6opCdWeWRVihgyJWIuNDyFCmyxxDj9Rg83Irfv5878kPBtpFzPFHCBetyDlEoxKJUU3cbsDZ3HjoYyWd70+Xgel7FLu1Iq4UMgKGrJfZ2gJXcx+TtQ=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s1024; d=yahoo.co.uk; h=Message-ID:X-YMail-OSG:Received:X-Mailer:Date:From:Subject:To:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=5C8eO8mD/s9NlObOO+eTL0KbIVkksQ7UwKi/5f7RHDwR7H7HqQa+P5Myi2ewfcOtsHH5UkbWTEkdYNVDap1J+1PAJU1BxaQgDgKStJpyi9AKtUKEc7Cgr8xRugqZpPG+949gu5vWfyD47G7REz+bzHB0gFTxyHeXT87VqMjBW9M=;
I think that the context of the use of the word "poch" plant (v) infers that the object will be vegetable - based, so I'd feel comfortable considering sentences such as:-
I'm going to use the following at some point, as you have suggested:-
Hergh tI wIj be' - She farms medicinal vegetation
Hergh tI poch be' - She plants medicinal vegetation
Hergh tI tlhab yob be' - The woman harvests wild medicinal vegetation
vutmeH tI wIj - (She) farms (vegetation for cooking) herbs (spices?)
Hergh poch - (She) plants medicine (the use of poch infers that the Hergh will be of in the form of tI)
The hallucinogenic suggestions work ok for me, too:-
jotmoHmeH Hergh, perhaps?
and perhaps even
tI SuQ - poisonous vegetation
though the use of any of these herbs against a warrior expecting to go into battle would be considered extremely dishonourable, naturally.