tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue May 26 07:21:53 2009
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
RE: Dictionary Formats
Fiat Knox (email@example.com)
- From: Fiat Knox <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: RE: Dictionary Formats
- Date: Tue, 26 May 2009 14:20:02 +0000 (GMT)
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoo.co.uk; s=s1024; t=1243347603; bh=zWHfRoYJC02QKaX0ARFVFMeqgh8bUOVySYVs+jCA2pg=; h=Message-ID:X-YMail-OSG:Received:X-Mailer:Date:From:Subject:To:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=kyTyo1xkaUVVWRbHNIjSMLyjqlD6DRdxp7iKJFkFWY+VoPqp+c6YpFvpZcnghDpgDNBvEWQOrMM8UxU8o0XuTRX+DQIny79L4j6c/TKsoMVwL9PZo8XdRfgSQ9W51tD3sKd69SYUwnYGEKFTRnhr/PKUg1OSRUPY+hCJbrD6tQ8=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s1024; d=yahoo.co.uk; h=Message-ID:X-YMail-OSG:Received:X-Mailer:Date:From:Subject:To:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=NnRIPAI1teYkcOhZn6IAFDha0U5h4SKSJ8l0P33kGu3KFxlB6aRNUq4jc0X5alyghaZqmW1y0gVMVqNdJzX9gSfe6Cw1XJQrRHPyIqehpEnjYlFhow6AvS14fXjCyELofpOs/lQdHN9c4qNMPs1Bn4lX4Pt2ac4oK5nDB1fi5fM=;
A note if you're considering using a database or spreadsheet format for your words.
Spreadsheet cells need to be specifically formatted as "text" (select the column for your Klingon words and go to Format/Cells, then select the Text option for the entire column) because, unless you set them as such, they will consider an initial ' as a quote and strip it from any Klingon word you enter. Also, the sorting functions of spreadsheets do not recognise the difference between "q" and "Q," they will insert "ng" between "ne" and "nI", and words ending in ' will be put at the front of each block of words, so ru' appears before, say, ruch.
Just so you know.