tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Jun 28 08:39:52 2009

Re: Alternatives to Code2000 PUA Klingon Font

Heather Myers ([email protected]) [KLI Member] [Hol ghojwI']

I can't see any of these.  They turn up as empty boxes in my windows/fonts
directory.  Even the Code 2000 font displays, but these don't.
2009/6/28 qa'vaj <[email protected]>

> Given the orthography discussion here, I'm posting a set of ttf's that have
> alternative typefaces to the KLI pIqaD mapped into the PUA codepoints
> according to the conscript registry at
> http://www.evertype.com/standards/csur/klingon.html.  As you'll see, I'm
> no
> artist or typographer, but if anyone wants to play around here they are
> (zipped file containing three fonts):
> http://www.datafilehost.com/download-1abec3d1.html
>
> brief description:
>
> pIqaD HaSta:  This is the only one I actually use.  Based on the glyphs on
> the Skybox cards, where the trick was to come up with glyphs for all of the
> missing letters while trying to keep the look and feel of the few glyphs
> that are present.
>
> pIqaD Klinz: Inspired by the Mandel font in Lawrence's orthography paper.
>
> pIqaD fusion: Whimsical interpretation of the KLI pIqaD just for fun. (I
> said just for fun!).
>

> Each of them also has an extra-wide space mapped to the ASCII space code.
>
> I originally did this in order to replace the Code2000 font (space was too
> narrow, and the typeface was a little too 'alchemic' for my personal
> taste).  Since I had a mind that I might share it (now them), I didn't want
> to duplicate Lawrence's KLI typeface.  I did them a few years back and no
> longer have any of the font tools installed.  Feel free to use them in any
> way you like.  If someone with actual skill wants to improve them, please
> do. (yes - I'll forgo the $millions to be had in Klingon typography).
>

> --
> qa'vaj
> qo'lIj DachenmoHtaH

Back to archive top level