tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Jun 24 14:13:29 2009

Re: [KLBC?] word order and sentence in General.

ghunchu'wI' 'utlh ([email protected])

On Wed, Jun 24, 2009 at 4:45 PM, Thorwald Peeters <[email protected]> wrote:
> qavan, ghoj[moH]wI'pu' QeDwI'pu' je

({QeD} is a noun. You probably want to say {tejpu'}.)

> Hoch jajmey rur DaHjaj. jIcheghbej, yIHonQo'
> Today is like any other day, I'll be back. without a doubt.

There's probably some room for debate over whether {jaj} should be plural,
and I would likely have added {'e'} before {yIHonQo'}, but it seems okay to
me as it is. It's definitely fine in an extemporaneous context, where you're
not putting significant effort into perfecting every syllable.

(Since {-bej} already carries the idea of certainty, {yIHonQo'} might be
considered overkill, but that's more of a stylistic decision than a
grammatical one.)

-- ghunchu'wI'

Back to archive top level