tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Jun 24 02:03:27 2009

Re: Klingon orthography (was: Okrand at qep'a')

Michael Everson ([email protected])

On 24 Jun 2009, at 09:16, Michael Roney, Jr. wrote:

> I am *so* glad that all of us are using Mac OS X. That seems to make
> things *much* easier.
> And for those of us not on a Mac? Or a PC?

Chip off shoulder, please? I'm not being uncivil. I was just
explaining what I was using. It was pretty easy. I know that on many
Linux distributions that keyboard driver and font support is rather
advanced.

> The moment your system takes over (which it won't), how do you
> expect EVERYONE to type it?

Please, not "my" system. For one thing I presented at least half a
dozen options. I would like the community to engage in a discussion
about some problems the current orthography poses, and will continue
to pose as Klingon progresses into the future. You do expect Klingon
to be around in 2035, don't you? In 2085?

> I can't even type Hawaiian properly at the moment.

They have to wrestle with that in HawaiÊi too. And Esperantists have
to deal with it. And learners of Irish. It's not hard and certainly
not insurmountable.