tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Jun 24 02:10:48 2009
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
Re: Klingon orthography (was: Okrand at qep'a')
Michael Roney, Jr. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- From: "Michael Roney, Jr." <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: Klingon orthography (was: Okrand at qep'a')
- Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2009 05:09:26 -0400
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to :reply-to:subject:in-reply-to:x-mailer:mime-version:content-type; bh=GsSUiTS5ocR1/vX5m5gzDZhAjzaMJsQdWsk52E8Ho98=; b=Ht3rwQRdYXoUAgj06n3BexG4/BN9F54Btu1i7AR+oCXP6Ca/Dr7aran3wFmmEKnUrU kKnjlFWa+BZC/obwhKBwqNLxdVqyxQWEfN3Ccj4afKhHM4FdPQKSbMB9N0dn8xGwiPdD rG0uDRiXGowNZv2XRcWf5Wf0xNFVMACpq0HhA=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=message-id:date:from:to:reply-to:subject:in-reply-to:x-mailer :mime-version:content-type; b=ChTd7vGy0sZ75y/9zkrvMVWcS9STdTMT3+aUkUPdM3seV9oICCFlSCuD+cQvkxfsRU NK97FtV1gvn4SGE5oXvy1sjQ8zLsKyr3hWe0ONuHgaLwYKb8QF/Fh4w1RHbyQkH3Fb2U r0o2wb3r3n5OLopCUZgkemSpNurVac95eoZWs=
- In-reply-to: <E4D7BC86-7F7C-443B-B96F-97A3E52FE626@evertype.com>
No chip, just sarcasam and a lack of sleep.
-Michael Roney, Jr.
Professional Klingon translator
--Sent from my Palm PreMichael Everson wrote:
On 24 Jun 2009, at 09:16, Michael Roney, Jr. wrote:
> I am *so* glad that all of us are using Mac OS X. That seems to make
> things *much* easier.
> And for those of us not on a Mac? Or a PC?
Chip off shoulder, please? I'm not being uncivil. I was just
explaining what I was using. It was pretty easy. I know that on many
Linux distributions that keyboard driver and font support is rather
> The moment your system takes over (which it won't), how do you
> expect EVERYONE to type it?
Please, not "my" system. For one thing I presented at least half a
dozen options. I would like the community to engage in a discussion
about some problems the current orthography poses, and will continue
to pose as Klingon progresses into the future. You do expect Klingon
to be around in 2035, don't you? In 2085?
> I can't even type Hawaiian properly at the moment.
They have to wrestle with that in HawaiÊ»i too. And Esperantists have
to deal with it. And learners of Irish. It's not hard and certainly
Michael Everson * http://www.evertype.com/