tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Jun 24 02:03:36 2009

Re: Klingon orthography

Michael Roney, Jr. ([email protected])

Things that didn't make it into other messages.

I think our current system *looks* just fine. It's pleasing to the eye. My eye anyway.
I think the accepted pIqaD glyphs look fine too.
I feel that Tengwar is too unKlingon for my use.

Yes, when 3rd parties print Klingon in all caps, we lose the Q/q distinction.

Despite what Unicode might become, it's not yet universal. We need universal symbols/letters.
The ones printed on our English keyboards should do fine.

I fail to see a problem beyond Q/q. Therefore I fail to see why more than that needs to change.

~naHQun

-Michael Roney, Jr.
Professional Klingon translator
http://twitter.com/roneyii