tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Jun 24 01:44:24 2009

Re: Klingon orthography (was: Okrand at qep'a')

Michael Everson ([email protected])

On 24 Jun 2009, at 04:56, [email protected] wrote:

>> I will ask you again, however, to look at the different options
>> posted, and indicate which look "better" and which look "worse".
>

> From a beginner's point of view they would all look equally strange,
> I think.

But Standard Okrandian orthography looks strange to beginners when
they first begin (I remember it did in 1985).

> In fact, the further removed from the standard orthography, perhaps
> the  better, since anything only slightly different from it looks
> like typos upon typos.

Interesting. Still I think some are more quickly accessible to fluent
readers of Klingon than others.

I should probably make the PDF.