tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Jun 24 01:38:37 2009
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
Re: Klingon orthography
Michael Roney, Jr. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- From: "Michael Roney, Jr." <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: Klingon orthography
- Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2009 04:36:57 -0400
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to :reply-to:subject:in-reply-to:x-mailer:mime-version:content-type; bh=07vb6NSFw0x8vXAcp+0dckd90RQrbDD41QdrOPVzRuQ=; b=MeNSkceepOp5spQ5uZSK0/8prhQ3njJ0IaQBO+t8lQFXq1KVhv5BX4b8hGCvwsSOlI ot4eSWlZjg/Kx6eElKbSsQjMGmDhuQ2DUQ3GK1VCeVbGx6ObcwwMmrBe92dmOpbqae9Z DBlbhEp5KnLzNZOoWrjXP+HJlsJOt22th7mLs=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=message-id:date:from:to:reply-to:subject:in-reply-to:x-mailer :mime-version:content-type; b=StqssC0tqInJbPWPHYIawsv41H6NOyw5XHsTYWTnrP44cF9qs0fTdQZ7nFWRemDEVc mDJypbHwLdQSNPnAleHcEksTN9ly9o9SgffDlP9iGKCi+stm1HBw3DX5extYFnpCeUvl pgShaUpKvMlNZOPjy/D2rzLdZfAHLWuDFtexo=
- In-reply-to: <358DB587-BBC5-48E2-9883-D9D11FA10813@evertype.com>
CBS is now the corporate entity in charge of Klingon.
As I understand it (3rd party hearsay) the KLI now has an agreement with CBS to continue doing what we do.
-Michael Roney, Jr.
Professional Klingon translator
--Sent from my Palm PreMichael Everson wrote:
On 24 Jun 2009, at 03:04, Michael Roney, Jr. wrote:
> Small point: I think CBS is now the owner.
> TKD is still in production. People still buy TKD. A new book
> published by a third-party is unlikly--but good luck.
It's still in print, you mean. If Okrand were to say that there was a
new edition in the works, a publisher would likely say either "OK,
we'll upgrade after this print run is sold out" or they would say
"Pass, take it to another publisher".
Michael Everson * http://www.evertype.com/