tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Jul 29 10:07:24 2009

RE: pIqaD bom

Michael Roney, Jr. ([email protected])

While my wife has recently informed me of the similarities between this song and Twinkle, Twinkle; I have never compared the two in this manner.
I simply took each English letter as 1 syllable except for w which is 3 and matched the Klingon accordingly.

As mentioned ' is 2 syllables which leaves us 1 syllable short.

My song ends with "w x y & z" with only 1 &, not 2.

The 'o'megh is "Now I know my ABC's, next time won't you sing with me.

The DaH was moved up to cover the "missing" syllable, and I dropped the 'next time' concept in favor of syllable count.

Is this making more sense?

~naHQun

-Michael Roney, Jr.
Professional Klingon translator
http://twitter.com/roneyii

--Sent from my Palm PrÄ?Steven Boozer wrote:

>From Mark J. Reed's mobile device:

>Not getting the scansion.  I learned the English as follows:

>A,B,C,D,E,F,G.      (Twinkle twinkle little star)

>H,I,J,K,L-M,N-O,P.  (How I wonder what you are)

>Q,R,S.              (Up above)

>(and) T,U,V         (the world so high)

>W,X and Y and Z     (like a diamond in the sky)

>Which would map to something like this:

>  'at,bay,chay,Day,'et,ghay,Hay

>  'It,jay,lay,may,nay-ngay,'ot-pay,qay

>  Qay ray Say

>  tay tlhay 'ut vay

>  way yay qaghwI' je. rIntaH.

Don't forget the {'o'megh}:

Now I know my ABC's.      (Twinkle twinkle little star)

What do you think of me?  (How I wonder what you are)

Which would be something like:

  DaH pIqaD'e' vISov.

  DaH vuDlIj'e' yIja'!

though a more Klingon approach would be:

  DaH vuDlIj vISaHbe'!

--

Voragh

Canon Master of the Klingons