tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Jul 29 07:14:47 2009

RE: pIqaD bom

Steven Boozer ([email protected])

From Mark J. Reed's mobile device:
>Not getting the scansion.  I learned the English as follows:
>
>A,B,C,D,E,F,G.      (Twinkle twinkle little star)
>H,I,J,K,L-M,N-O,P.  (How I wonder what you are)
>Q,R,S.              (Up above)
>(and) T,U,V         (the world so high)
>W,X and Y and Z     (like a diamond in the sky)
>
>Which would map to something like this:
>
>  'at,bay,chay,Day,'et,ghay,Hay
>  'It,jay,lay,may,nay-ngay,'ot-pay,qay
>  Qay ray Say
>  tay tlhay 'ut vay
>  way yay qaghwI' je. rIntaH.
Don't forget the {'o'megh}:

Now I know my ABC's.      (Twinkle twinkle little star)
What do you think of me?  (How I wonder what you are)

Which would be something like:

  DaH pIqaD'e' vISov.
  DaH vuDlIj'e' yIja'!

though a more Klingon approach would be:

  DaH vuDlIj vISaHbe'!

--
Voragh
Canon Master of the Klingons