tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jul 07 14:14:06 2009

Re: Questions with law'/puS

ghunchu'wI' ([email protected])

On Jul 7, 2009, at 3:23 PM, Steven Boozer wrote:

> ter'eS:
>> This is what I was getting at when I proposed in another context
>> {SuS bIr
>> HoS law''a' qo' Hov HoS pus'a'}. But I apparently only dreamed
>> that we
>> had canon support for putting verb suffixes on the {law'/puS} pair.
>
> AFAIK the only verb suffix that has appeared on a {law'/puS} pair
> is {-be'}:
>
>   QuchlIj vIl law'be' QuchwIj vIl puSbe'
>   your forehead isn't ridgier than my forehead  (HQ 13.1)
>
> Note that it's on both {law'} and {puS}.

This is consistent with the adjectival use of verbs in general, where
it seems that rovers {-qu', -be', -Ha'} are the only verb suffixes
seen in such use.

-- ghunchu'wI'

Back to archive top level