tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jul 07 12:25:00 2009

RE: Questions with law'/puS

Steven Boozer ([email protected])

Mark J. Reed:

Doq:
>>>  jIH val law' SoH val puS, qar'a'?

Mark J. Reed:
>>I thought about it, and it'll do in a pinch, but it's not quite what
>>I'm looking for. You appear to be stating ahead of time a belief that
>>the answer to the question is yes.
>>    "X is better than Y, right?"
>>I was looking for a more neutral
>>    "Is X better than Y?"
>>But I'm assuming we don't actually have a way to say that.  Do'Ha'.

ter'eS:
>This is what I was getting at when I proposed in another context {SuS bIr
>HoS law''a' qo' Hov HoS pus'a'}. But I apparently only dreamed that we
>had canon support for putting verb suffixes on the {law'/puS} pair.

AFAIK the only verb suffix that has appeared on a {law'/puS} pair is {-be'}:

  QuchlIj vIl law'be' QuchwIj vIl puSbe'
  your forehead isn't ridgier than my forehead  (HQ 13.1)

Note that it's on both {law'} and {puS}.

--
Voragh
Canon Master of the Klingons

Back to archive top level