tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jul 07 12:58:45 2009
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
Re: Klingon orthography (was: Okrand at qep'a')
Mark J. Reed (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- From: "Mark J. Reed" <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: Klingon orthography (was: Okrand at qep'a')
- Date: Tue, 7 Jul 2009 15:57:02 -0400
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:in-reply-to:references :date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type :content-transfer-encoding; bh=3co+qXVUOTB4KWuTPyBr6YNqCLG3FtfRQUPizOPjSl0=; b=adPeFJ4nFyObY30P3c69OIjLhVcf+jB2zrb0XMplQ7W6JxuLsyUxXH0du4Nxrugz2X eyN6PkQqoihhdNy1F72qdu3QqGTem9CpIWV85mHTFXR15NeI1FlUy4HHXhESNmvaZtsO 4HPoCeb58ArCHx/il0WJ8A8ZYRm52HwmnhHMg=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type:content-transfer-encoding; b=Fhq3kA3LovMOFsfRtcU9tp6INmPRsJiSJ0oYa32DlfYAM1VAF0Jeb39Nfi3A4Jyl5C HeS7/5wLP7ZXBCsNCprUbri2McVQXAxXPVbISfZOrj4DhPWjakxXOLR1uDdgAIARO945 d+4YELxCDzA6Cf2iFG57itK2MafBw4/WgyMx4=
- In-reply-to: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- References: <email@example.com>
That matches the Unicode proposal and the keyboard mappings. maj. So
the description at the linked site has it backwards.
On Tue, Jul 7, 2009 at 3:51 PM, <MorphemeAddict@wmconnect.com> wrote:
> In a message dated 7/7/2009 10:31:24 Eastern Daylight Time,
> firstname.lastname@example.org writes:
>> Based on the Unicode proposal, and the keyboard mappings I've run
>> across, that's exactly backwards. ÂThe comma is the downward-pointing
>> triangle, and the full stop is the upward-pointing triangle...
>> Which use matches the Skybox cards?
> Skybox uses pointing up for sentence finals (periods, question marks,
> exclamation marks) and pointing down for other (commas, semicolons).
> I think of it like this: the pointing-up triangle has its base firmly on
> the ground and can't topple over; it's stable and firm on its own. ÂThe
> pointing-down triangle can fall over, so it's unstable and must be supported on
> both sides.
> lay'tel SIvten
Mark J. Reed <email@example.com>