tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jul 07 07:30:11 2009

Re: Klingon orthography (was: Okrand at qep'a')

Mark J. Reed ([email protected]) [KLI Member]

On Tue, Jul 7, 2009 at 10:18 AM, Steven Boozer<[email protected]> wrote:
> FYI: ÂThe version of pIqaD used on the SkyBox cards is discussed at http://www.absoluteastronomy.com/topics/Klingon_writing_systems

Hm.

> "up-turned triangle" with a function similar to a comma, semi-colon
>  or colon.
> A "down-turned" triangle with a function similar to a full stop,
>  question mark or exclamation mark.

Based on the Unicode proposal, and the keyboard mappings I've run
across, that's exactly backwards.  The comma is the downward-pointing
triangle, and the full stop is the upward-pointing triangle...

Which use matches the Skybox cards?

--
Mark J. Reed <[email protected]>

Back to archive top level